Lentils are incredibly healthy for you. They are packed with protein and most of them are actually grown in Canada! (yea for supporting local).
While most of my beef recipes were easy to change over to lentils once we went plant-based, some recipes took a little more time than others to figure out.
My boys are so delighted that I finally perfected this recipe. I am happy too, and although these could be a bit healthier – they are awesome for those quick nights when you would rather just get takeout.
Don’t touch the phone and make these instead.
- 1 TBSP Oil
- 1 Onion
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper diced
- 1 Carrot diced
- 1 Clove of garlic diced
- 1 Can of Lentils (or 2 little cans)
- 1/2 Cup of Sugar Free Ketchup
- 1/2 Cup of Mustard
- 3 TBSP of Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp ClubHouse Vegetable Seasoning
- Salt/ Pepper to taste.
- 8 Buns. I use Chia or Ground Flax Buns.
- Pour Oil in Pan
- Saute Onions until golden.
- Add Bell Pepper, Carrot, and Garlic. Cook for 10 mins or until they start to soften.
- Add Lentils.
- Add Ketchup, Mustard, and Balsamic Vinegar.
- Add Seasoning.
- Mix well together.
- Plate up on some nice fresh buns and Enjoy!
- You can also make the buns into garlic buns just by adding a little oil and some crushed garlic. Place under the broiler until lightly golden. Add lentil mix to the buns.