Did you all enjoy last weeks Halloween Food post?
I am finding it harder to make dinner foods since we have gone vegetarian, but lucky there is a lot of meat alternatives that can do the stand in.
Next week is the week that I make Halloween themed food for my family for breakfast lunch and dinner so make sure you are following me on Twitter to see it as soon as it is posted.
Today I have both a vegetarian option and a meat lovers option, best of both worlds so to speak.
Deep Fried Bat on Squiggly Worms and Monster Toads.
Remember how I said a couple weeks ago that Cookie Cutters are really helpful when cooking Halloween themed food. This is absolutely true when it comes to cooking vegetarian food for little ghouls and gals.
We now eat primarily vegetarian with a little cheating here and there when we go out to eat. I know that other veggie families would like to join in with the themed fun – but have no place in their menu for a deadman meatloaf.
My kids were just as excited for this recipe and I am sure that yours will be as well.
What You Need:
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1each yellow, red, orange and green bell pepper. You can also use green, and yellow beans if your kids don’t like peppers.
- 1 block of Firm Tofu
- 1 package of linguine or shanghai or vermicelli noodles.
Pretty straight forward.
- Boil water for Noodles.
- Cut Tofu lengthways into half inch bricks. Press Halloween themed cookie cutter into tofu to make desired shape. Place tofu in hot pan with oil and cook until both sides are golden brown. Remove Tofu.
- Place noodles in boiling water.
- Cut up the onion and sauté it in the pan with a little bit of oil. Add the garlic. Cut up the peppers in to thin long strips. Add them to the pan and Stir Fry. Add the sauce/seasoning of your choice. Remove from pan.
- Add noodles to pan and re-season if desired. (skip this step if you want them plain).
- Plate it up. Noodles on the bottom, beans or peppers on top, with the Halloween themed Tofu to finish it off.
Monster Toads (Chicken).
This is one for the meat eaters out there. So easy. Make some peas or potatoes for a side and you have a full meal. Make up silly names for them though. Mashed Boo-tatoes or salamander eyes, the possibilities are endless.
What You Need
- A roasted chicken.
- A red pepper.
- Some olives (pimento or stuffed are fine)
- Tooth Picks.
So easy that I don’t even have to explain it. Just look at the picture. 🙂
|Don’t they look cool?|
It’s only 13 days until Halloween!! Are you all getting excited?! The week of Halloween (October 25 – October 31st) I will be posting every second day with cool meals to Spook your kids! Get ready for it!!!
As always follow my Pinboard to see all my inspiration!